1. Parents desirous of admitting their children shall register form 1st of February of every year. Admission will be given after the due process, if there are seats. Admission will be given only for the standard the students is found fit for.
2. The Pupils selected for admission will have to produce the following at the time of admission.
(a) Transfer Certificate from the school last attended.
(b) Reports of previous school examinations.
(C) A filled-in application form for Admission
(d) The original and an attested copy of the Birth Certificate.
(e) Three passport size photographs.
(f) Conduct certificate from the previous school.
(g) Community certificate (Photocopy), Students from the CBSE schools should have their. T.C. countersigned by the Concerned authority.
PUNCTUALITY AND ATTENDANCE
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
1. Pupils must be punctual for classes on every working day. Late comers should not enter the class without the written permission of the Principal / Vice Principal. No pupil may absent himself without obtaining prior permission.
2. No absentee shall enter the class without the written permission of the Principal / Vice Principal. In case of sickness or any other unavoidable circumstances, the Principal must be informed in time along with a Medical Certificate.
3. Any type of leave application should be addressed to the Principal / Vice Principal and should be in the prescribed form only.
4. Absence of all kinds has to be explained by the parents or guardian by means of an entry in the space provided in the diary.
5. Absence from school during test / examination will never be condoned except in case of illness. Application for leave on examination day should be personally submitted to the Principal / Vice Principal by the parents on the same day. The School conducts no re-test or re examination.
6. As a general rule, not more than one day of leave of absence shall be granted for the wedding of a close relative or for any other social function. (Three days, When far away from Kalaiyarkovil)
EXAMINATION AND PROMOTION
1. There are three Terminal Examinations. They are generally held in September, December and March. Mid-Term Examinations will also be conducted between the Terminal Examinations.
2. After the Terminal Examination (except final term ) and Mid- term test, the answer papers of the students will be sent to parents through their children for their perusal and signature and they should be returned within two days.
OPEN DAY - CLASS PARENTS' DAY
3. Progress reports showing the results of the students will be given to the parents every school terminal examination on the Class Parent’s Day. The Parents are expected to meet the class teacher on the Class Parent’s Day when progress reports are distributed. The parents whose sons have failed in any subject are requested to meet the concerned subject teacher as well. They should also make sure that their sons or wards make consistent effort to study those subjects in which they are weak. It is compulsory on the part of the parents to attend the Class Parents Day.
4. Each time it is issued, it should be carefully studied and signed by the parents / Guardians and returned the next day . Any irregularity in this regard will be dealt severely.
5. The marks obtained in the three terminal examinations will be considered for promotion to the next class. Promotion for classes I to VIII is granted on the basis of the whole year’s performance acquiring a minimum of 50% marks. Pupil who fails to attain the required marks in all subjects will be detained.
6. Failure for a second time in the same class shall result in the dismissal of the student concerned.
7. If a student absents himself from any test or examination, he shall be marked absent and given xerox. Absence for one or more subjects will result in the loss of marks in these subjects and will results in the student not being reckoned in the order of merit or rank in the examination.
8. The school reserves the right to dismiss those students whose progress in studies is steadily unsatisfactory or whose Parent / Guardian shows little interest in the progress of the wards.
9. Promotions once decided are final and cannot be reconsidered. ( Hence, parents are requested not to disturb the Principal for any reconsideration.)
RULES CONCERNING DISCIPLINE
1. Pupils are expected to behave in a courteous and gentle manner on all occasions. They should address teachers and all members of the staff with due respect and politeness. Good moral behaviour and gentle ways are prerequisites of every students. They should always remember that the school is judged by their conduct.
2. All students must strictly observe the rules of the school.
3. Neglecting Homework, Irregular Attendance, Habitual Idleness, Objectionable Moral Behavior, Disobedience, Disrespect towards the members of the Staff and any unseemly conduct or breach of School discipline or bad moral influence justify dismissal. Any Student whose presence is not beneficial to the general spirit or well being of the school shall be asked to withdraw.
DAMAGE TO SCHOOL PROPERTY
It is forbidden to write or scribble on the walls, desks, etc., throw paper or ink in the classroom, or in any way damage the school property. Damage done must be paid for at the discretion of the Principal.
1. Students are strictly forbidden to bring any sort of comic books or playing cards or objectionable literature and to purchase any article of food from unauthorized vendors in or near the school premises.
2. Students are forbidden to bring crackers, explosives and other dangerous materials to school.
3. Pupils must not bring any electronic gadgets, for example a Mobile phone, Pen drive, memory card, tab, CD or DVD etc.,
1. A Student found copying or indulging in any other malpractice during tests / exams will not be allowed to take the subsequent examination, until the Principal grants written permission besides given zero in the subject concerned to the student and a warning letter. Such a student must also bring his / her parents to the Principal Repetition of the same will result in dismissal.
2. A student who tampers with marks, answer sheets, school certificates etc., will be suspended.
PARTICIPATION IN GAMES AND SPORTS
1. Every pupil must take part in school games and other activities unless declared physically unfit or exempted by the Principal.
2. Attendance in any official school functions like Exhibition, Sports Day, Independence Day, School Annual Day, Competitions, etc., is compulsory.
1. Students must be punctual for class on every working day. They must be present in the school by 8.45 a.m. Silence is to be observed both during and after the assemblies.
2. No student is permitted to enter the class before the school assemblies, lunch break or the recesses. Students are strictly forbidden to leave the school premises to buy anything outside during these breaks.
3. All students must be in their seats before the teacher enters the class, During the absence of a teacher, the monitor of the class shall be responsible for maintaining discipline and S/he must be obeyed. Those who take their lunch in the school campus should see that places are clean before they leave.
Pupils are responsible for their own books, fountain pens, tiffin-carriers or any other article that they bring to school. The School does not hold itself responsible for any property lost by the students. Parents are requested not to permit their children to wear the gold ornaments, costly watches and trinkets in the school.
To acquire fluency in English, only English should be spoken in the school premises and in the buses.
CONCERNING HOME WORK
1. Homework is given with two main objectives:
a) To provide exercise and to increase progress to acquire skill.
b) To test and ascertain the progress and skill acquired.
2. All work of the first type is generally class-work and need not be corrected in detail but all work of the second type is corrected (i.e, homework proper).
3. It is advisable that a student studies at least for thwo hours on working days and more on holidays.
1. NO MONEY or articles of presentations shall be collected by anybody without the prior permission of the Principal.
2. Any organized activity in the school can be conducted only after getting the prior written permission from the Principal.
3. No boy is permitted to leave the school during the school hours without the prior written permission from the Principal / Vice - Principal.